Time & Location
30 Jul, 16:00 – 17:30
The Biscuit Factory, 4-6 Anderson Pl, Edinburgh EH6 5NP, UK
About the event
Join me for 1.5 hr of mindfulness & calligraphy as part of the Flare Pop-up Party hosted by @ discoveryourflare.
Calligraphy is the perfect way to get yourself back into the present moment, away from mental chatter.
Calligraphy requires a deep focus and slow movements to place the right amount of pressure to obtain the thick and thin strokes forming each letters.
No calligraphy experience necessary for this workshop, you will learn everything to get you started on your calligraphy journey.
You will learn:
- how to set up your space / hold pen and paper for comfort
- the basic strokes that form letters
- how to connect your breath with the pen strokes
- how to write the lower case and upper case alphabet in a modern calligraphy style
- practice writing a few inspirational phrases
- to write your own quote on a paper mini banner (to take home with you)
All material will be supplied:
- practice sheets (basic strokes, alphabet, inspirational quotes) to take home to continue your practice
- one brush pen to take home (there will be more coloured brush pens available to use during the workshop)
- paper banner with your finished piece to take home
IMPORTANT NOTICE: in order to access the workshop, you also need to purchase separately your entry ticket to the Flare Pop-up Party.
If not bought already, you can get your entry ticket here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/flare-pop-up-party-community-well-being-event-tickets-645267561647 (£5.04 including fee) or you can pay at the door on the day if you prefer (£4) .
Flare Pop-up Party is a wellness celebration day event with lots going on : from 1-2-1 service stalls, products, talks, live music, performances, as well as foodtrucks and alcohol-free bar. The event runs from 11am until 8:30pm and your ticket allows you to stay all day and come and go. More info here
I'm looking forward to seeing you there!